The Parish Council has a vacancy for a Litter Picker for the hamlet of Kilnsea.
2 hours per week
Rate of Pay – National Minimum Wage
Equipment will be provided, such as black bags, litter pickers, gloves etc., duties include
- Carry out regular, weekly litter collections at the designated green spaces
- Maintain a weekly record of areas covered, cleaning carried out and problem areas found;
- Report any vandalism or damage in the designated areas to the Clerk;
- Report any instances of dog waste to the East Riding of Yorkshire Council (note that this position does not include clearing dog waste).
The successful candidate would need to have:
- The ability to work alone and unsupervised;
- Must be willing to tackle dirty jobs including clearing glass;
- The applicant will need to use a litter picker, a brush and shovel and be able to carry bags of litter to the disposal point;
- The applicant will need to store all the equipment used at their home or in a secure place agreed with the council;
To apply please contact the parish clerk - Alison Whelan, 8 High Street, Easington HU12 0TS or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for full applicant details.